Standing is muy bueno.
I’ve professed my love for the art of standing: You Should Stand More.
I’ll let you peruse that gem for the details.
I used this beauty at my previous job for a make-shift standing desk…ugly, but it worked:
When I started working from home over a year ago, somehow I fell back into the sitting trap.
I had a desk. And a chair. No sweet boxes laying around…..so I sat. For waaaaay too long.
I looked for a DIY standing desk online from time to time, but never found one that tickled my fancy.
Then I came across A New Twist on the DIY Standing Desk on Man Made. Very sweet. Very easy.
How to: An Amazingly Simple DIY Standing Desk
- Buy extra-large shelf brackets and pre-cut wood. Lowes? Home Depot?
- Measure height of desk – elbow height, i.e. 44″ for a 5’11” person.
- Find stud to attach shelf brackets. Bonus Tip: Best Stud Finder
- Attach shelf brackets with wood screws.
- Make sure they are level.
- Attached wood to shelf brackets.
Bam! Super rad, amazingly simple DIY standing desk.
So awesome we have two at the Dude Casa…
Super sweet DIY standing desk
Obituaries are not my forte. But I reckon this is a pretty fantastic note to leave at the end of the line.
Walter Bruhl wrote his own obituary. And it’s totally awesome.
- “He was surrounded by his loving wife of 57 years, Helene Sellers Bruhl, who will now be able to purchase the mink coat which he had always refused her because he believed only minks should wear mink.”
- “Walt was preceded in death by his tonsils and adenoids in 1935; a spinal disc in 1974; a large piece of his thyroid gland in 1988; and his prostate on March 27, 2000.”
- He chose to join the Marine Corps and serve in the Korean War “because of Hollywood propaganda, to which he succumbed as a child during World War II.”
- “There will be no viewing since his wife refuses to honor his request to have him standing in the corner of the room with a glass of Jack Daniels in his hand so he would appear natural to visitors.”
- “Everyone who remembers him is asked to celebrate Walt’s life in their own way; raising a glass of their favorite drink in his memory would be quite appropriate.”
- “Instead of flowers, Walt would hope that you will do an unexpected and unsolicited act of kindness for some poor unfortunate soul in his name.”
Mr. Bruhl, you
are were a rad dude.
An early morning exchange to start the day at the Dude casa…
Princess: “Lilly died.”
Little Dude: “Was she killed by ware-wolves?”
The tiny rodent that made a home in the corner of Princess’ room has moved on to the big hamster in the sky.
The world works in mysterious ways, although, it’s safe to say ware-wolves were not involved.
And apparently undies, Chucks, and a lumberjack coat are proper funeral attire for a hamster undertaker. Good to know.
Via con dios Lilly.
PS – Is Princess praying for a bunny?
Double PS – I’m not sure that hole will keep Mama Kitty away from the sweet taste rodent remains.
We can’t all be origami masters, but we all certainly need some righteous paper airplane skills.
A piece of paper, a few folds – bam –
hours minutes of fun for the whole fam.
I’ve always been a traditionalist when it comes to paper airplane crafting. Fold a nose, fold a couple wings and you’re done.
Then Need Supply Co sent the best paper airplane (ever) my way, and I’m a changed man.
Super easy. Great style. And flies like a champ.
Done and done.
We’ve been tossing a squadron of these bad boys around the house all day!
You wouldn’t let a Bald Eagle loose to fly around in your studio apartment would you? Of course not! Get this Thunder Piglet outside for a good throw with your mates! This is, in fact, the best paper plane ever. –
Kudos Need Supply Co.
Look at that picture. Steve’s gloating, right?!
He is laughing at the torture he has rained down upon us mere mortals.
Not only has he attached a radiation inducing mini-computer firmly in my front pocket, but now he’s picking away at my sanity.
How is it that my iPhone battery dies sooooo quickly?!
And how – on
God’s Steve’s green Earth – could I be using ALL of my data plan?!
After searching high and low to solve this conundrum, this is the best list of trouble-shooting tips I’ve found to save your iPhone battery and your data plan. Simple with solid explanations/directions.
Go defeat Steve!
Via con dios.
PS – Your battery runs when your data runs. Save your battery, save your data.
Way back yonder I chirped about our favorite Jazz Mechanic and his love of sweet jazz, spinning wrenches, and dance breaks.
It seems the smooth moves run in the family.
We all need a dance break from time to time. Even Little Dude…especially Little Dude.