“We should take wandering outdoor walks, so that the mind might be nourished and refreshed by the open air and deep breathing.” —Seneca, On Tranquility of Mind, 17.8
Synchronicity is pretty cool. Carl Jung was an interesting cat – another topic for another time.
The benefits/importance of walking regularly has come to my attention a number of times recently.
As an added bonus, the benefits of spending time outside, in nature, have been brought to my attention as well.
Worth a quick list of rad reasons to walk and be outside…
- Walking and the Happy Brain
- Why You Should Walk More
- Spending Time Outside Can Improve Mental Health
- How to Make Walking Your Most Enjoyable and Flexible Fitness Activity
- Walking is Making a Major Comeback
- 3 10-Minute Walking Workouts that Will Break Up Your Day
- Why Walking Helps Us Think
- Why Walking Barefoot Feels So Damn Good
- Walking as a Method for Self-Healing
- Walking Might Be One of the Best Exercises for Health
- A Not-Boring Article on Walking
- How to Master the Ancient Art of Walking Meditation
- The Work and Life Benefits of Walking
- This Morning Walk
- 8 Reasons to Brisk Walk Everyday