Did you go vote today? The votes are being tallied as I type. Who will be named the next US Pres?
The Dude’s election prediction: The Man wins again.
The good news, we can finally stop talking about voting and elections very soon. And the 24 hour news cycle will find the next tragedy to focus on. Yay!
Let’s speed up this cycle here on DKB and focus on something meaningful – the kiddos.
First, a reminder of how The Man views the kiddos – yes, this is what you voted for today…
– Thanks for sharing the love Lew.
Ms. Sontag’s 10 rules for raising super rad little dudes…
- Be consistent.
- Don’t speak about him to others (e.g., tell funny things) in his presence. (Don’t make him self-conscious.)
- Don’t praise him for something I wouldn’t always accept as good.
- Don’t reprimand him harshly for something he’s been allowed to do.
- Daily routine: eating, homework, bath, teeth, room, story, bed.
- Don’t allow him to monopolize me when I am with other people.
- Always speak well of his pop. (No faces, sighs, impatience, etc.)
- Do not discourage childish fantasies.
- Make him aware that there is a grown-up world that’s none of his business.
- Don’t assume that what I don’t like to do (bath, hairwash) he won’t like either.