The Dude returned from a four month hiatus in early May.
Why the hiatus?
3 kids. Need I say more?
An explanation from Jim Gaffigan – 4 kids…
We welcomed the newest little dude in late January. It was an awesome surprise from start to finish.
Jazzy Mack was born in our house! I caught him in the bathroom. We were chilling in our own bed as we met each other for the first time. It was awesome.
For the past four months we’ve been trying to regain our balance. Three kids is crazy. Include a new born, and it’s absolute chaos. But the balance is returning.
Mrs. Dude shared the little man’s birth story a few weeks ago. I won’t rewrite the awesomeness, but I will add a few thoughts from the Dude’s perspective.
- Jazzy waited until the last minute to arrive. And Mrs. Dude was uncomfortable.
- Mrs. Dude worked HARD to make sure we weren’t pressured into induction.
- The Boy arrived an hour after the water broke. An hour! Amazing. No way we could make it to the hospital an hour and a half away.
- We expected it. We were prepared. Mentally and fully supplied.
- Jazzy showed up after pushing for a bit. And Daddy caught his son!
- Daddy caught his son! Amazing. Amazingly, amazingly rad.
He is a super cool little man. Very chill. With some big eyes and expressive eye brows.
The perfect addition for The Dudes.
Although, we did give him two names. And we kinda dig ’em both. And we have a few nicknames that we dig too.
He has a lot of names.
Confusing for some? Perhaps. Perfect for us.
9 pounds 2 ounces
21 inch’s long
alert & healthy
PS – Want some more Jim Gaffigan? Here’s some behind the scenes with Jimmy Gaff. His perspective on kids and life is pretty great.